Hot Since 82
From a young age, Daley Padley had been obsessed with EDM and club nights – he started attending his first area nightclubs when he was just 14! So, it’s no surprised that this house lifestyle he encompassed so early quickly become so much more than that for Padley, soon becoming one of the most promising young DJs in the country.
Daley Padley (aka Hot Since 82) is a house DJ from Leeds in the UK, becoming active in 2011 when he started playing 12-13 hour sets on a Sunday at a local club in the area. This soon evolved to become a popular afterparty destination for clubbers in the West Yorkshire area. Thanks to these sets, his stock began to rise and he was offered a residency in 2006 at Cream Ibiza in Amnesia, where he’d perform under the banner of Leeds club Glasshouse.
At this stage, Daley was still operating under his own name; Hot Since 82 would not become his moniker until 2010 when he would play music from his phone after the music had cut out at an Ibiza afterparty – the song he chose to put on was a work-in-progress that he’s been working on that was received positively. From there, he contacted a close friend who ran a record label, DJ/producer Noir, who was also impressed and released the song on his own label, Noir Recordings. The song hit number 3 on Beatport’s deep house chart, and from there Hot Since 82 was born!
Over the course of his career, Hot Since 82 has been known to play a huge variety of popular electronic music media, a reputation that lead to him being featured on Pete Tong’s Essential Mix on BBC Radio 1 multiple times, including in 2013 where he also played an exclusive 2 hour set. After seeing his popularity rise, Hot Since 82 would quickly begin to claim accolades – by 2014 he would release his first full length album, launch his own imprint, feature as the cover story on Mixmag, and rank number 7 on Dancing Astronaut’s Top 25 Techno & Deep House Producers of 2013.
During the touring of his albums and singles, Hot Since 82 featured on some of the world’s biggest festivals including Creamfileds, WMC, Sea You Festival, Sonus Festival, Terminal V, the Bonúsz Festiva and many more. Perhaps his most notable set to date is his 2-hour set at Sphere – a mesmerising tech-house set. Club Nights include dates and parties at the best clubs all over the world: he played at Resistance Ibiza, where Carl Cox held his birthday party at Privilege, Nordstern in Zurich, Elrow Southampton, Pacha Ibiza & Munich, Base Dubai in the United Arab Emirates, Watergate in Berlin and The Block in Tel Aviv, amongst many others.
If you want to catch one of Hot Since 82’s epic live sets, check out his tour dates here:
- 07 May: Amsterdam, Music On Festival 2022 Weekend at Havenpark
- 21 May: London, Koko Electronic 10 Year Retrospective – Hot Since 82 at Koko
- 02 June: London, Creamfields South 2022 at Hyland’s Park
- 03 June: Frankfurt, World Club Dome: Las Vegas Edition at Deutsche Bank Park
- 03 June: Bucharest/RO, SAGA Festival at National Arena
- 17 June: Portimão/PT, Secret Project Festival 2022 at Praia da Rocha
- 22 June: Ibiza, Paradise Ibiza Opening at Amnesia
- 26 June: Amsterdam, Thuishaven Summer at Thuishaven
- 13 July: Ibiza, Paradise at Amnesia
- 27 July: Ibiza, Paradise at Amnesia
- 29 July: Plock/POL, Audioriver 2022
- 21 Aug: Zrce Beach/HR, Sonus Festival 2022
- 23 Aug: Zurich, Zürich Open Air at venue: TBA
- 24 Aug: Ibiza, Paradise at Amnesia
- 25 Aug: Warrington, Cheshire/UK, Creamfields North 2022
- 31 Aug: Ibiza, Paradise at Amnesia
For more information visit:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR VERY COOL & FREE VIP-NEWSLETTER NOW